戰地連結︰ Home My Flickr NBA.com About

2008年7月30日星期三

Hands-Free TFS 2008 Install

Overview

Installing VSTS Team Foundation Server (TFS) 2008 is way more than just run "setup.exe" and keep clicking "Next". Actually if you have all the prerequisites ready then the installation is simple, but usually you have to prepare all the prerequisites by yourselves.

I found two post by Grant Holliday and William Bartholomew talking about how to automate Installation process of TFS 2005 & 2008. I have never tried it (cos by the time I see these post I was already finishing the installation...), but I think it is good for understanding the process of TFS installation, and it may come in handy someday!

Notes: The guides is for Windows Server 2003, and when I installed TFS 2008 on Windows Server 2008, WSS 3.0 installation cannot be included as part of TFS installation. I must install and configure WSS 3.0 first before I start TFS installation (You may use existing SharePoint sites on other computer for TFS)

Reference

Hands-Free TFS Install (VSTS 2005)

Hands-Free TFS 2008 Install

沒有留言: