戰地連結︰ Home My Flickr NBA.com About

2009年10月9日星期五

PHP crash with some MySql functions

Overview

I has been playing with a WAMP web site using Joomla 1.5 as the CMS. Actually I am just doing the setup when I encounter this issue. When I reached the “Database Configuration” step in Joomla installation, Apache keeps crashing when I proceeded, and the Event Log said that:

Faulting application httpd.exe, version 2.2.11.0, faulting module > php5ts.dll, version 5.2.10.10, fault address 0x0000ac6a.

Again, with some Googling I found that I am not alone and there are several solutions for this issue, which is caused by wrong "libMySql.dll" module used.

Both MySQL and PHP provides the "libMySql.dll" module. When using PHP, we should use the "libMySql.dll" module provided by PHP, but not MySQL.

Reference

PHP Installation, MySQL

php使用MySql函数导致Apache(iis)崩溃的问题

PHP Crash when use some mysql function

Steps

There are several ways to solve this problem, I use the first method:

  • Rename the "libMySql.dll" file located at your MySQL “<InstallDir>/bin” folder
  • Remove your MySQL “<InstallDir>/bin” folder path from the system’s path environment variable
  • Copy the "libMySql.dll" file from your PHP install folder to “%SystemRoot%/system32” folder